Wednesday, October 26, 2011

When in Doubt, Use Greek Yogurt

After hitting up Trader Joe's and arming myself with enough pumpkin baking products to last me through the rapture, I had to make me some pumpkin muffins. The recipe called for "just eggs, oil, and water", but I didn't really want to use any eggs, oil, or water.

A baking trick that I learned in my college days (ha! that's funny because my "college days" were literally five months ago) was to swit
ch out the fatty eggs and oil (water is not fatty) with either applesauce or Greek yogurt. It's a fraction of the calories and fat, not to mention it makes the baked goods wayyyyyyy more moist. Those Greeks knew what they were doing when they made yogurt. They not be able to keep their country from economic collapse, but yogurt they can do.

Well, I didn't have any applesauce on hand (although now that I think about it, applesauce with pumpkin muffins would have been awesome), but I did have plenty of Greek yogurt. I added 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (because more pumpkin isn't a bad thing) to the Trader Joe's pumpkin muffin mix.
Look very nommy, doesn't it? I mixed the three ingredients and eventually got this delectable-looking batter.
Not gonna lie, I licked the mixing spoon on more than one occasion. Hooray for muffin tins!
I put those bad boys in the oven at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. I wanted them to hurry so I could put them in my belly.
Finally, they were done. I'm gonna try to refrain from eating those until dessert time. And when that time comes, I'll try to only eat one...maybe.
Okay...dessert time! I popped a muffin in the microwave to warm it up a bit, then cut it in half and lathered on some butter. Holy amaze-balls!!!


Dinner


I had pho leftovers. I filled this bowl and still had enough left over for lunch. Those Vietnamese know what's up when it comes to huge portions. Since I ate most of my pho veggies at lunch, I added some steamed broccoli for some more fiber.
----------

I'm watching the FC Dallas-NY Red Bull playoff game. There's a close-up on Brek Shea. This is what I see.


There really are no words for how bad this haircut is. Oh wait, I can think of one: Neo-Nazi. It's hyphenated.
At least I got my picture with him while is hair looked somewhat decent. I mean, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment