Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Bit Neglectful

I know I've been a bit neglectful when it's come to blogging the last couple days, but I haven't spent that much time in front of my computer.

I'll just recap Saturday's food and activities real fast so I can just get through it.

By the way, Woodinville High School dominated Inglemoor in football...just like I knew they would. Glad to see Inglemoor sucks a
t just about everything. Some things just don't change.

Breakfast

I was always skeptical of bringing a frozen waffle to work, but I did. And after all was said in done, I had myself a delicious waffle with almond butter and banana as well as a mango. They mango wasn't quite ripe yet, but whatever.


Snack

I was incredibly lazy with my lunch packing the night before, so I had honey roasted almonds.


Work

Since our regular weekend morning producer is down having a blast at Disneyland, our newest producer Stephanie filled in for her. This was Steph's first time filling in on the weekend. She was getting the hang of it. The 5am show went off without a hitch.

However, after the 5am, our anchor called to say she was sick and wouldn't be able to do the 11am. Just what Steph wanted to deal w
ith on her first time doing weekend mornings. KING's investigative guru Susannah Frame (of "Waste on the Water" fame and also one of my mom's former interns at KIRO) filled in. She may seem tough when she's interviewing those ferry workers raking in the triple overtime, but it is sweetest person in real life.

Her she is at the news desk.


Bless her heart. She had to cold read essentially our entire script, so she stumbled a bit when we went live, but she totally bailed us out. I'm sure Steph will never volunteer to produce on the weekends again.

Lunch

I didn't eat all of my dinner from the night before, so I had the rest of my Chicken Lettuce wrap/veggie delight.

After work I went back home and took a two
and a half hour nap. It was greatly needed because I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before. Plus I knew it was going to be another long night because we had the Sounders game to go to.

Snack

When I got up I had some Ry Crisps with almond butter (which I'm almost out of ahhhh!) and honey.


It was time to embark for the Sounders game. We got there ridiculously early for a 7:30 game, but it gave us time to chat with the Cooks while we waited in line.

Dinner

When we got into the club section, I had my dinner of yet another turkey-guac-hummus sandwich. I should just call it the "Lazy-Ass" sandwich, because I always seem to make it when I'm being a lazy-ass.


It was time for the game, and the Emerald City Supporters had some quality tifos for Kasey Keller's last MLS regular season home game.

The first 80 minutes of the game were incredibly frustrating because the Sounders were playing like poo. It looked like we were going to lose 1-0 on Kasey's last game at Century Link. Thankfully they pulled their heads out of their butts and scored 2 goals in like 4 minutes to win. I shouldn't forget to mention that Kasey had the most incredible save in the second half. Though I'm not sure if you can call it only one save, because it was more like four saves in a row. It was awesome.

After we won, they had a ceremony for Kasey to say thank you and all that stuff. It was pretty cool, but it put me way past my bed time.


When we got home, I threw my breakfast and lunch together and went straight to bed for another four hours of uninterrupted sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment