Tuesday, October 4, 2011

3ATTLE!!!

Woohoo!!! Such a great night for the Seattle Sounders FC and their three-peat of the US Open Cup. Not gonna lie... there were moments in the game where I literally thought that I was going to have a panic attack. There were times where I thought we would never score. But we did and fricking dominated the Chicago Fire. More like the Chicago Fizzle... ba dum dum.

Breakfast

Thanks to a run-in with some spoiled b
erries from Trader Joe's (that was really disappointing TJs), and the fact that my tortillas were still frozen solid, my options for breakfast were a bit limited. So I decided on some oatmeal with apples, bananas, almonds and cinnamon. Not to shabby. I was hoping to get some flaxseed on the oatmeal for some extra ummph...but I forgot. Balls

I got to work and helped out on some of the 15-45 newsbreaks that air at the :15s and :45s of each hour. I got to write about how the University of Oregon might get their own police force. Good...cuz they need it.

Snack

At around 11:30 I had my snack of a hard-boiled egg. One of the things I like about my job is that our cafeteria has a salad bar and they are always equipped with hard-boiled eggs. Yum yum.


I wrote some more stories for the 2pm show. A little home invasion, a little election news, a little White House Christmas tree. All in a days work.

Lunch

For lunch I had me some delicious whole-wheat pasta with shrimp, asparagus, marinara and Parmesan cheese. Everything taste
s better with Parmesan cheese, doesn't it? I ate about half the pasta when I took this picture, so I did start out with a lot more lunch.


I also felt a bit adventurous today and bought the Smart Coach iPhone app. It helps you customize workouts if you are, say, training for a marathon or something. Well... I at one point in my life would like to run a 5k without feeling like I'm about to die. So I thought that Smart Coach could help me out with that.

I put in my information and it gave me my workout plan for the next few weeks. I was glancing at it and on my "long run day" (which doesn't sound like a good thing) I'd have to run like 6 miles. Oh dear mother of God. What did I just waste 99 cents on? Oh well... I'm sure it will be good for me. I'd always wanted to enjoy ru
nning.

Instead of getting off work at 2:30, I had to stay a bit later and work the teleprompter for a KING 5 reporter that was doing an anchoring demo. I was a bit annoyed because the demo lasted than I thought it would, but I'll just add the extra half hour to my time card. Thanks for the extra $6.

Finally I met my grandma at my house and we left to go get some Subway for the Sounders game and catch a couple minutes of my cousin's junior high soccer game. In the five minutes of the game we managed to watch my c
ousin scored two goals. I guess she ended up scoring four goals in the game, helping the team win 4-3. What a stud.

Dinner

We met my mom, dad, and family friend at the park and ride and headed to CenturyLink Field. We got to our usual table in the club section and enjoyed our Subway. I had the 6" turkey breast on whole wheat with green peppers, red onion, tomato, and lettuce. I took off the top half of the bread to be more healthified. An app
le was thrown in as well. Then it was time for the game.



I could go into all the details of the game and how stressful/awesome it was, but it's late and I want to stop typing. Bottom line: it was super cool. Here's some shots of the celebration after the game.

Go Sounders! I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment