Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Credit Card is Weeping

Grandma is in town for the week, so Mom and I thought that this would be a perfect time to have a major shopping trip. And this shopping trip certainly made a major dent in my credit card. Poor baby. Thankfully I'm getting paid on Friday.

Breakfast

I thought it was a good day for som
e Eggo with almond butter and a banana with a glass of fat free milk on the side.


For a twist I thought I would slice some of the banana and put it on my Eggs. Double yum. Against, almond butter is the best butter creation in the history of butters. Just saying.


Workout

I did some of the Look Better Naked featherweight strength training today. I'm definitely starting to get better at my push-ups. Hey-oh! Although I did notice that my gym's PA music station manages to play older music before 11am. And when I mean "older" I mean like from the 80s. This might be just me, but I don't really need to workout to Steven Tyler singing about making love in an elevator. Gross.

Post-workout Snack

Whoever decided that chocolate milk was a great way to restore muscle after working out was a genius! I included some gummy multivitamins in the mix. And before you saw that gummy multivitamins are childish, you need to taste them. So good!


After showering and putting on my comfiest yoga pants, it was time for shopping. We hit up Ross first. I was a little skeptical going to Ross because for some reason I always associate it with Value Village and second-hand stores. I know that it's not a second-hand store, but that's just the feeling I've always gotten.


But I totally made a killing at Ross. Gots to some sweaters, slacks, a dress... even a pair of shoes and a new purse. Oof-ta.


One of the shirts I got kind of made me look like a flying squirrel.


Lunch

The three of us decided to hit up Red Robin for lunch. I had me the simple grilled chicken salad with no cucumbers (cuz cucumber are the most disgusting food ever...behind cottage cheese) or croutons and my honey mustard dressing on the side. Instead of pouring the dressing on the salad and totally negating the healthiness, I would lightly stab my fork in the dressing and then dig in. The chicken was pretty delicious too.


We also got a single order of their sweet potato fries. They came with ranch and a sweet chili sauce. Pretty okay.


We hit up some consignment shops in Kirkland to see what they had going on. I managed to snag a pair of designer jeans for at least 50% off. Woot.

While we were at one of the shops, my Mom said that she saw on Twitter that after a long battle with pancreatic cancer, former Apple CEO Steve Jobs had died. While he had been really sick for some time, it is still devastating to lose one of the greatest American inventors and innovators. I'm pretty sure the way I live will be forever changed because of him. I mean, I can't even count how many Apple products we have in our house. I'm typing on an Apple MacBook Pro right now. It's sad that he's gone, but at least he doesn't have to suffer anymore. RIP Steve.

Dinner

After doing more damage at Bellevue Square, we went back home (exhausted) and whipped up some dinner. I put together some spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, some left over chicken from my salad, a couple turkey meatballs, and Parmesan cheese (again...what isn't made better with Parmesan cheese?). My grandma didn't like the smell of my turkey meatballs heating in the microwave, but they were delicious.


Now for some Daily Show/Colbert Report and the best show on TV... MODERN FAMILY!!! Love me some Phil Dunphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment