Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Suite Life

I was super jazzed to get off work today, not just because it was the start of my weekend. I was going to be watching tonight's Sounders game in the comfort of a CenturyLink Field suite. Free food and all.

But before I could go to the game, I ha
d to hit the gym. I did another 45-minute treadmill workout. I was going to take a picture of how many calories I burned at the end of the 45 minutes, but I accidentally hit the STOP button with about 8 minutes to go. So no picture. Fail.

Snack

When I go home I had a Jonathan apple and some Trader Joe's peanut butter. Don't worry, I didn't eat the entire jar. TJ PB tastes different from regular PB. Almost like it has some chocolate mixed in or something. Maybe that's just me.


After a quick shower, we were on our way to the game. Unfortunately traffic into downtown was really shi-tay, so we didn't get as much quality suite time as we would have like. But once we got there, it was amazing. We had a great view of the field. High enough to we could see play develop.


There was even a TV so I could watch some of the FC Dallas-Toronto game. Go Brek Shea! Too bad his team blows and they lost.


And there was a TON of food. From antipasto...


...to naan, rice and meats...


...to popcorn...


...to beverages. They had my faves: Blue Moon and Heineken Light.


I piled on the veggies and hummus. I was so happy they had hummus.


The roasted peppers and artichoke hearts were pretty damn good too. And I had to have a mozzarella ball.


Dinner

For dinner I got a bit creative. Instead of making a gyro like everyone else, I made a little pizza using the naan, sliced meat, peppers, artichokes and hummus. Not gonna lie, it was pretty good. Probably because the naan was covered in garlic.


The soccer game was okay. I've seen the Sounders play better, and I've seen them play worse. But win or lose, I got to see it in a suite!


And I had to have some dessert. It was a lemon square (triangle) and some kind of cookie dough thing with choco chips, macadamia nuts and toffee. They were a little cold from having been in the freezer, but still good. When's the next time I'm going to be in a suite. I had to go all out.


When we left the game, I had the pleasure of sharing an elevator ride with Sounders defender Leo Gonzalez. My dad had a conversation with him in Spanish. I'm sure he appreciated that. It's too bad he wasn't out there tonight.

Now for a new episode of the best show on TV...Flashpoint!!! Then to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment