Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What the Pho?

Lunch

Since we have pretty much opposite work schedules, my friend Holly and I hardly ever get together. Well today, we finally made a plan to have lunch. I have really been wanting to try a Pho restaurant in Woodinville, so we went to Pho Hao, next to Tokyo Steakhouse.

For those who don't know what Pho is, it's:
a Vietnamese noodle soup, usually served with beef (phở bò) or chicken (phở gà).[1] The soup includes noodles made from rice and is often served with Vietnamese basil, mint leaves, lime, and bean sprouts that are added to the soup by the person who is dining. The dish is associated with the city of Hanoi, where the first pho restaurant opened in the 1920s.
Thanks Wikipedia!

I have never had pho before, so I really didn't know what to expect. Holly said that the small bowls of soup were pretty small, but that the large bowls offered so much more for just a dollar extra. So large bowl it was. I got the tofu and veggie pho while Holly got the chicken pho.

Holly also mentioned that the restaurant's spring rolls were to die for, so we ordered some. They were ginormous. Not to mention the peanut dipping sauce was orgasmic.


Our pho came shortly after and OH MY GOD...it was the biggest bowl of soup I had ever seen. Look at it!


And it was absolutely delicious. The tofu and veggies were so tender and the noodle were yum to the max. I am now a fan of Vietnamese food. Although, I only ate about 1/3 of it. Hello leftovers!

I'm in a baking mood today and about to go unleash my inner Betty Crocker while I watch the FC Dallas/NY Reb Bull MLS Playoffs game. Go Brek Shea!

No comments:

Post a Comment