Friday, October 21, 2011

A Much-Needed Night In

Happy Friday everyone! Though it's more like a Happy Monday to me. It might just be me, but two days is not long enough for a weekend. I think those 3-day weekends I had in college messed with my weekend perception.

Last Night's Dinner


After eating out for the last four nights, it was so good to be home and cook my own dinner. Since I have had some tilpia in the fridge for quite some time, I thought I would whip that up with broccoli, carrots, and a sweet potato. It was so good and filling.


To continue my lazy night in after my busy afternoon, I watched some TV shows that were on the DVR. I really have too many TV shows to keep track of.

For a little dessert treat, I served myself some plain Greek yogurt and raspberries that I got at Pike Place the other day. I need to eat through these berries before they start going bad. There's just so many of them.


After watching some more TV, I went to bed so I could get some rest before I started my work week.

Breakfast

For breakfast, I really wanted another Trader Joe's waffle and really, really wanted some more raspberries, so I made another peanut butter waffle with crushed raspberries on top. It was served with half a very ripe banana (it had to be eaten) and a glass of milk.


I think I know why I love the TJ's waffles so much. They taste like they have a hint of maple syrup in them, so you can have the waffle and not feel the need to load on the Mrs. B-worths. Of course that could just be me.

It was quite rainy on the way to work today. I guess we won't be seeing anymore sunny autumn days in the PNW.

Snack

After running the 15/45 segments, I nibbled on the last of my honey roasted almonds. I need to get some at the store stat! I tore into them so fast that I forgot to snap a picture.

Work is usually pretty laid back on Fridays. Mainly because a second writer comes in and can take some of the stories that I normally write. I think it's a good way to start off my work week. It's better than getting thrown into the Monday morning fire.

Lunch


For lunch I had a bit of a salad concoction. I mixed some romaine and spinach (for some extra iron) and threw in some heavily garlic-salted chicken, egg whites, tomatoes, blue cheese (NOM!) and flax seeds. I drizzled some olive oil over everything.


I have my first full-length Body Pump class this afternoon after work. I have a feeling I'll want to take a few Ibuprofen when I get home. Maybe they'll help me doze off for my early bed time in addition to keep me from becoming stiff as a board tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment