Sunday, October 30, 2011

Protein Pancakes

Before I get into the pancakes, let me show you what I had for dinner.

I used the last of my spaghetti squash and mixed in the usual marinara sauce, turkey meatballs, and Parmesan cheese, but I also added some eggplant and zucchini bits that I had left over from my pizza experiment.


Doesn't it look super Italian? Yeah it does.

I read two healthy living blogs religiously and the two woman who write them are always talking about making Protein Pancakes - basically pancakes with protein powder in them to give them that little extra oomph!

Well, I went to Trader Joe's (second day in a row, obsessed much?) and picked up some vanilla protein powder so I could make these infamous pancakes. I really wanted them for breakfast tomorrow, but I knew I wouldn't have time to make the batter and cook them on the stove before I had to leave for work. So I made them tonight.


Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

Directions:

  1. In a bowl, mix together ingredients.
  2. Preheat a skillet (medium-low heat), spray with non-stick spray, and pour in half of the batter while shaping it into a pancake with a spoon.
  3. Heat until partially cooked and flip pancake.
  4. Once cooked through, top with syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit or anything else your heart desires.

Makes 2 pancakes

If you're the type of person that needs a photo essay to understand directions, here you go:

The photos don't really do it justice, but the pancakes turned out way better than expected. I know that they're on a tiny plate, but still. They were larger than the average pancake.

I also had a little nibble of one, just to see how it tasted. Not too shabby. Can't wait to slather them in syrup tomorrow morning. I'm sure I'm going to need it after my morning run with my dad. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment