Friday, October 21, 2011

No Rapture? WTF?!?!

I feel like everyone just passed over the whole Rapture thing that was supposed to happen today. I guess if you made a big deal about it the first time and it didn't happen, you probably just want to go low-key the second time around. Regardless, we survived another rapture! Now it's only 14 more months until the actual end of the world (damn you, Mayans!).

After work I went to the gym, but I was about 45 minutes early for my 4:30 Body Pump class. I took this opportunity to do an improvised 30-minute treadmill workout. It got the blood pumping before I was about to get my ass
kicked at Body Pump.

This was my first full-hour Body Pump class, so I didn't know how I would fair throughout the whole thing. I did okay. I thought my arms were going to fall off during the tricep and shoulder sets. In fact, while I'm typing right now, my arms feel like Jell-O. I'm hoping the two Ibuprofen I took when I got home will work its magic.

Snack

I chugged down a glass of choco milk. So choco, so smooth.


Dinner

I was checking out the Women's Health magazine website (like I always do) and found a page that had some nutritious and delicious salads. I spotted the Skinny Cesaer Salad recipe and it sounded perfect for my dinner tonight. I was really craving some Cesaer goodness.

I added some Trader Joe's Chicken Sausage (sun-dried tomato flavor) and a quarter of a pita to add some proteins and carbs to help recover from my workout.


Skinny Cesaer

Dressing
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
  • 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
  • 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 garlic minced
  • black pepper
Mix the dressing with the romaine, sliced Fuji apple, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.

The salad totally hit the spot, and even tasted like a fatty Cesaer. I made enough so I could have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Time to unwind so I can hit the sack at the late-night hour of 8:30! Gah, my Fridays are depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment