Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Traffic for Traffic's Sake

Nothing pisses me off more than traffic that happens for no reason. "General Principle Traffic", I like to call it. It's one thing if there's traffic because of an accident or a road closure. That is excusable. But it's a totally different thing when there's a traffic jam, and by the time you get out of said jam, there was no accident or road closure or anything. It's just traffic for traffic's sake. I think that's what happened to me today.

I was driving eastbound on the 5
20 floating bridge because Google Maps told me it was flowing at a speedy pace. Then all of a sudden, I had to stop. It was gridlock.


There was a sign saying that there was an "incident" ahead and that the left lane was closed. All of a sudden a cop car rolls by flashing its lights. We inch along the bridge. Finally traffic starts to pick up again, but I still have not seen any incident whatsoever.

I was stopped on the bridge over the weekend because some moron had a fender bender. I was really hoping this wasn't another one of those because I was about to drop-kick someone off the bridge.

We finally start driving at full speed and I did not see any incident at all. Either the State Patrol oompa loompas came on the bridge a
nd cleared everything off, or there really wasn't any incident. Somehow I think that it was the latter. I was not amused on the drive home.

At the gym I did my 45-minute treadmill workout and some ab work. I love my treadmill time because it gets me caught up on H
ouse Hunters International.

Post-Workout Snack

I made a tortilla wrap with hummus and tomato.

I also munched on the rest of my Apple Chips. Now I need to get more apple.

Tonight is my cousin's last high school regular season game. I hope the play well...for a change. I'll try to restrain myself from muttering some negative after every ill-fated play. It will be hard, I can say that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment