Thursday, October 27, 2011

My New Running Partner

At lunch today, I was telling my dad how I really want to take up running. I've always had a negative attitude towards running and I want to change all that. My dad was like, "that sounds like a good idea, let's run together!" Okay, dad. Sounds good. Then he said, "Let's start tomorrow morning."

I said, "Yeah, that sounds great, but I have work tomorrow."

"No problem, we'll do it before. How about 7:15?"

Gah. Okay.

So I'm running tomorrow morning with my dad at the freezing cold time of 7:15 in the morning. He's super gung-ho about it. We even stopped at a New Balance store on the way home so he could get some new running shoes and orthotics.

He wasn't the only one that whipped out the old credit card. I managed to by two long-sleeve running shirts for only $35. They were having a deal on pink/red colored clothing since it was Boob Cancer Awareness month.

Dinner

Since I had such a rich (yet delicious) and filling lunch, I thought I'd take it easy on dinner. Just some spinach, chicken sausage and blue cheese. Nice and light, but with protein to help fuel me for my daughter-daddy run tomorrow morning.


Now I'm spending the rest of my weekend watching some soccer (surprise, surprise) and some Flashpoint (aka the best show ever).

Saturday-Sunday weekends feel so much longer than my Wednesday-Thursday weekends. Maybe I'm just too used to having three-day weekends. Damn you, college!

No comments:

Post a Comment