Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dahlia Lounge

8:30am came too soon this morning. I literally could not believe it when my alarm went off. I think my black out curtains are messing with sense of what morning should feel like.

Breakfast

I had a cycling class this morning, so I wanted to fuel myself without being too heavy. I got a box of peanut butter Puffins at Trader Joe's yesterday (at half the price of Albertson's b-t-dubs), so I poured myself a bowl. However, I stayed to the serving size of 3/4 cup, which was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I cut some banana on top.



Lunch

I worked hard during my cycling class, which was good because I was about to have a fatty lunch at Dahlia Lounge in Seattle.
My dad and I went to Dahlia Lounge as part of Seattle Restaurant week, so we got to enjoy 3 courses of delicious food for only $15 each. Awesome-balls!

For my starter course, I ordered the WSU cougar gold cheddar (which despite its Pullman roots really is the best cheese) plate with bruleed figs, some kind of candied almond and watercress. Yum cheese!


My entree was the pork loin with butternut spoonbread (which is a cornmeal-based dish, kind of like a polenta), brussel sprouts with honey, candied pecans and apple mustard (which basically tasted like applesauce). This dish was absolutely exquisite and I was completely obsessed with the pecans. No wonder pecan pie is so nom nom.


For dessert, the most important course obviously, I ordered the chocolate-pecan cookie while my dad ordered the coconut cream pie bite. I was going to order the devil's food cupcake, but after having those candied pecans, I had to have more pecan in my life. The cookie was basically a grown up Oreo. So good and so buttery.


Thank goodness I worked hard at the gym, otherwise I would have felt like a total lard-ass. Someone's having a salad for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment