Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing

Mom and I went out to run our errands. We couldn't help but stop at the Marshall's in Overlake, just to look at jackets...nothing else. Two pairs of shoes and three tops later, we were done at Marshall's. Turned out that I really didn't need a new coat, so the extra money could be spent on more practical things, like grey flannel pumps.

We coasted over to Lincoln Center in Bellevue to hit up the Container Store. Mom needs some containers. When we got into the elevator to go up from the parking lot, there was the most annoying kid in there with his mo
m who kept pushing the "elevator open" button every time the door was about to close. It took every fiber of my being to not drop-kick that kid.

Finally we made it to the Container Store floor. We stopped at the Tully's next to it because I was hungry for fruit and Mom was thirsty for Diet Coke. I got the fruit cup with grapes, pineapple and honeydew melon.


I'm not much of a honeydew person, but these ones were really sweet. I think it's because they were hanging out with the pineapple.

Dinner

After browsing at the Container Store, Michael's and Top Foods, we were finally back home exhausted and hungry. We decided to go to our favorite Mexican place and I decided that I was going to have a taco salad. It had chicken, refried beans, a bit of guac, lettuce, all on top of a deep-fried tortilla.


I said to myself that I was only going to eat half of the salad, but I was so hungry, and I had a good 400 calorie-burning workout earlier in the day. Then I said that I wasn't going to eat the deep-fried tortilla, but I ended up eating that as well. Basically, I can't believe I ate the whole thing.


So I settled on two restaurants that I wanted to try for Seattle Restaurant Week: Barking Frog for dinner and Dahlia Lounge for lunch. I thought Barking Frog would be good for dinner since we would only have to drive a mile to get to the restaurant as opposed to navigating Downtown Seattle during rush hour. I picked the Dahlia Lounge for lunch because, again, it would be easier to the restaurant during lunch, especially with all the Viaduct mess that's going on.

However, when I went to make my 6pm dinner reservation for Barking Frog, I did not anticipate that the website would tell me that the next opening wasn't for another two and a half hours. Basically, Barking Frog was out of the question. I guess I can just go to it during the next Seattle Restaurant Week.

Thankfully, the Dahlia Lounge was open for my 1pm lunch reservation. I'm really excited for my father-daughter fancy power lunch!

I'm watching the Manchester Derby on the DVR. I've known how the game ends for quite some time, but you can never miss an opportunity to see Man U totally get their ass rocked. Woo Man City!

No comments:

Post a Comment