Monday, October 17, 2011

Early Morning Workout

Today is my Bodypump day, and I was going to go to the 4pm class when I got done with work. But since I was meeting my friend Julian after work, I decided to get my Bodypump in before work. The only down side was that the only class that worked for me was beginning at 5:45... in the morning!

I wasn't super keen on the idea, but I didn't really have a choice. Plus I figured that since I was up super early Sunday morning, I would be able to go to bed around 9:30pm and sleep until about 5am, giving me a sold seven and a half hours. That's way more than I have gotten the rest of the weekend.

So I got up at 5 this morning, changed into my workout gear, gobbled half a banana and was out the door.


I got to the gym extra early so I could ask the instructor questions about the class. I didn't want to my completely unprepared. The morning's class was half cycling/half Bodypump, so I could work out my lower and upper halves.

I was with a bunch of class "regulars." Everyone knew each others names and were super friendly.

The cycling was a good workout, though I didn't really know if I was working hard enough. The instructor kept talking about different gears, and it didn't have the faintest clue of what she was talking about. I just adjusted the resistance accordingly.

Then it was time for Bodypump. I'd never done it before, so I didn't know what to expect. Now I know. It totally kicks your ass. We worked
our arms, shoulders and abs... and I can already tell that they are going to be so sore tomorrow, possibly later today.

I came back home and had a cup of chocolate milk. I don't know what I was using to measure my cups of milk before, but I was clearly short-changing myself. Look at how much milk that is.


Since I have about an hour before I really need to start getting ready for work, so I'll watch The Good Wife episode I missed last night. Then off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment