Monday, October 10, 2011

Annoying Songs on the Radio

It was so nice to get a full night's sleep after working so early in the morning. I feel completely refreshed. And now I only have one day left in my work week! Not that I'm excited or anything.

Breakfast

I decided to do something crazy today a
nd made a Breakfast Pizza this morning. Just needed an English muffin, some cheddar cheese and sliced tomato and voila! Mini pizzas. I had the minis with a cup of fat-free milk.


When I got to work this morning I asked our 15/45s producer if she needed help. She assigned me to a story about Seattle's self-proclaimed superhero named "Phoenix Jones" was arrested and accused of assaulting people with pepper spray as they were leaving a nightclub. I'm sorry, but 1) why do you feel the need to be a superhero? 2) as a superhero shouldn't you have a superpower? and 3) if you had such a superpower, couldn't you have used it to evade police custody? I don't know, just some thoughts I had.

Snack

I had me some sliced red and yellow bell pepp
ers and cheddar cheese. I decided that I like eating raw yellow peppers more than the red ones. They have a milder taste. The cheese was better than both types of peppers.


Lunch

Last night I decided to make this "Chicken Wing" Salad. Basically just cooked some hot sauce-coated chicken on the stove and mixed it with spinach salad (woo iron!), shredded carrots, celery, and Bleu cheese (woo stinky cheese!). I dressed it with a homemade honey mustard vinaigrette, made with mustard, honey, and vinegar.


I have to admit that the salad wasn't as "chicken-wingy" as I expected it to be. I think that's because the vinaigrette was a bit to overpowering.

Workout

I had my second-to-last Look Better Naked circuit workout today. Thank God because I really want to try something else.

When I went to change the weight on the big pully weight thingy at the gym, the big metal bar slammed down to the ground, almost hitting
me in the head. As I was struggling to get the thing from being unbroken, there was a woman literally five feet from me, just working on her triceps, and not once did she offer to help me. Bee-otch. I'm struggling over here! Regardless I got the thing to work again, but it didn't have enough weight on it, so I didn't even end up using it. I almost got pummeled in the head for nothing.

Post-Workout Snack

I had some Greek yogurt that I needed to e
at before the expiration date, so I made a tart smoothie.


  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1/2 cup blueberries/raspberries
  • 1 Tbsp Flax seeds


The recipe actually called for 1/2 cup of frozen cherries, but I didn't have any frozen cherries and last time I checked it was a free country, so I used fresh blueberries and raspberries. In any case, this smoothie really hit the spot.


-------

Every time I turn on the radio, I swear that the radio stations have to have the same ten songs on heavy rotation because they always seem to be on when I turn on my car. No, I don't need to hear "Party Rock Anthem" on my way to work, and if I hear Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" one more time I will go on a baby-punching rampage. And as much as I love Maroon 5, I really don't need to hear "Moves Like Jagger" anymore. It's getting old. Get some new songs.

I'm off to watch some more Breaking Bad season 3 (I'm obsessed and am so glad there is still season 4 to watch) before I make my dinner. I wonder what it's going to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment