Saturday, October 29, 2011

I am Papa John

If you read post from this morning, you know that I was having a killer craving for homemade pizza. None of that Papa John's drivel. Well... my craving was quenched, thanks to a pit stop to my favorite grocery store. Yep, Trader Joe's.

Since the TJ fresh dough was so cheap ($1.29 for a pound of dough! Suck it, Boboli!) that I got all three flavors: plain, wheat, and garlic and herb. I went with the wheat for today's pizza. Not gonna lie, it kind of looks like a huge dog turd. Sorry.


While the dough rested for twenty minutes, I chopped up my toppings. Zucchini, red bell peppers, eggplant, mango chicken sausage (yeah, I know!) and pineapple.


Oh...can't forget that "all natural fresh" mozzarella.


Once the dough was properly rested, (it was talking a power nap?) I spread it out, making a little square. Round pizzas are for suckers.


Sauced and cheesed...

...topped...
...and ovened at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.


I wanted it to get in my belly(!), but I had to let it cool down a little bit. 450 degrees is really hot.


I had about a fourth-ish of the pizza for dinner. I was thinking about having a salad to go along with it, but I figured that I had enough veggies on the pizza itself to suffice.


My pizza was totally awesome. The crust was really crispy and the melted mozzarella added the perfect amount of salty cheesiness. And my pizza came on time, which is more than I can say for the Papa John pizzas that my parents ordered. It was a half an hour late. Should of made a pizza with me.

-----------

This has nothing to do with pizza, but I saw this little guy stuck to the window in our front door. I'm pretty sure he's still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment