Thursday, October 20, 2011

Call Me Imelda

Lunch

I had a lot of errands to run today, so I wanted a lunch that would keep me full while I was out. So I sauteed up some fibrous zucchini, eggplant, artichoke hearts, and yellow peppers and put it on top of some hearty bread and sprinkled some mozzarella cheese on the veggies. It did the job of being good and filling.


I made my way up to the Marysville outlet mall so I could hit up the Nike Factory Store to get my hands on some LunarGlides. I know I already have enough sneakers, but a girl can never go wrong with more sneakers. Hence why my mom calls me Imelda Marcos.


I walked by to the women's shoe section and asked someone to help me find the LunarGlides. Regretfully, he told me that they didn't have any women's LunarGlides. What!?! You don't have any LunarGlides? What kind of factory store is this?

I asked if they had any Frees, which would be the next best shoe, but they didn't have any of those either. Apparently since the Free is such a top-selling shoe, they would rather sell it for retail price at the regular shoe stores than just sell it discounted at the factory stores. Lame.

I almost went for a black pair that I didn
't really want, but I felt that if I drove all this way, I wasn't going to come back home empty handed. But in the end, I didn't get the regular black running shoes because I didn't want to compromise. I said I was going to get LunarGlides, so I was going to get some LunarGlides, dammit!

I called the Alderwood Mall to see if they had the shoes I was looking for. I probably should have called the Factory Outlet before I drove all the way up there, but whatever. Thankfully, Alderwood had what I was looking for. My trip up to Marysville wasn't completely fruitless. I did get a pair of running compression shorts and three pairs of socks. Love me some Nike socks.


I trekked it down to Alderwood and went to the Finish Line shoe store. They had black LunarGlides, so I asked for some in a size 7.5. I also eyed a black pair of the new Free Runs, so I asked for a pair of those too. You know, just in case. I tried on both pairs, and I found that I liked the Frees way better. They were lighter than the LunarGlides, and not as tight around my arch.

The sales associate tried to get me to buy some
Brooks running shoes, but I wasn't having it. I'm a Nike girl through and through. Nice try, buddy. So I bought my Nikes and went on my way. After all that driving and anxiety, I didn't even get the shoes I wanted.


When I got home, I had to put my shoes back on. At the store, I was trying them on with thicker socks than I would normally wear to workout in. They made the shoe fit a little tighter, but I thought that once I put on my normal workout socks on, they would fit just fine. I put on my new Nike socks, and then my new Nike shoes, and they fit like magic. They're so light and airy. I can't wait to go workout in them.

Snack

Around 5 o'clock, I was dragging from low blood sugar. So I had a handful of Smokehouse-flavored almonds. They were...different. Very smokehouse-y.


I'm finishing up last night's episode of Top Chef: Just Desserts before I get to my home-cooked dinner. I'm excited to have something that I cook myself, considering I've eaten out the last four nights. I need to know what's in my meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment