Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Price is Right

Happy Tuesday all! At least it's a Happy Tuesday for me since Tuesday = Friday. Woohoo!
My apple chips that I made last night turned out fantastic! Except for the few that ended up sticking to the parchment paper. I got the recipe from Baked by Rachel blog. Check it out, she has some delicious stuffs on there.

Cinnamon Apple Chips
  • 1-2 apples (I used humongous Jonagolds)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tb sugar
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.

Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, carefully cut apples into very thin slices. Be careful with your fingers when handling the mandolin. My thumb got a serious ouchy on it.

Discard any seeds.

Arrange on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Do not overlap apple slices.

Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over apples.


Bake for 1 hour. Using tongs, gently lift apple slices to release from parchment paper.

Return to oven to bake for another 1-2 hours or until no longer moist.

They were still a little plyable when I took them out of the oven, so I let them sit out over night. By the time I was ready to pack them away this morning, they were very chip-like.

Breakfast

I wanted a nice, filling breakfast while also using some of my English muffins before they went bad. So I made a kind of Egg McMuffin if you will. An English muffin topped with egg, cheese, and tomato. There was also a glass of milk. Yay calcium!


Snack

I had my Cinnamon Apple chips with some PB spread on top.

We had our TV router tuned to CBS, so during the 10am hour our newsroom TVs were airing The Price is Right. The show is usually good for a laugh when I'm home sick and there is literally nothing else to watch.

I know this is going to sound a little insensitive, but I really like Fat Drew Carey more than Skinny Drew Carey. Don't get me wrong, I am glad (and also really impressed) that he lost all that weight. Good on him. But, he just looks a little creepy and thin. I don't know. I guess I'm just used to Fat Drew Carey.

Lunch

I brought some of my mom's Winter Veggie Soup from last night. So nom nom. It was accompanied my some romaine and a couple Ry Crisps.


I got a chance to booth the news break segments again. So fun. I think I'm addicted to the power of putting something live on television. I need another fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment