Friday, October 7, 2011

Today Felt Quite Long

I had to be at work today by 9am, so I got up a whopping two hours earlier than I normally do. I wasn't expecting to be so tired. I felt more tired at 7 in the morning than I do when I go to work at 4 in the morning. But I had to push through regardless.

Breakfast

I wasn't feeling very creative this morning, so I whipped up an Egg with almond butter and banana with fat-free milk.


Work

I had to go into work early because my Executive Producer said I should go to a news writing/producing seminar they were holding, hosted my Al Tompkins of the Poynter Institute (a fancy-shmancy journalism school and journalism authority, nbd).


The seminar was fantastic! I couldn't e
ven possibly go into how much I learned today. What I can say is that I learned more in that two-hours-and-change seminar than I did in my last two years at Pepperdine. Sorry to say it, but we didn't really learn that much in our Journalism classes.

To wrap up the seminar, Al was telling us that with the world we currently live in, people need journalists more than ever. He said something that resonated with me: "We can't have the country that we desire without you (the journalists) being excellent." He then added that our station (KING, KONG, NWCN) was one of the nation's best at asking the tough questions and making sure that our audience was the most inform
ed. Hearing that made me really proud to be working there.

Snack

During the seminar I munched on some grapes and cheddar cheese. I'm glad I had it because I was starving by the time the seminar was done.


Lunch

For lunch I had left overs of my shrimp and asparagus pasta from earlier in the week. I just really didn't feel like making a lunch this morning. So tired!


Workout

After I was done with work, I was not feeling the need to do a workout. Today was my "Do-Anything Day", which meant I could do whatever exercise I wanted. Well, I didn't want to "do anything" today. But as I got closer to home, I felt that I would have felt like crap if I didn't do some sort of activity. So I decided to do a half an hour on the stationary bike. It wasn't my best workout, but it was something.

Post-Workout Snack

Afterwards, I popped some 100-calorie popcorn and sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top.


Now to sit and relax, have some dinner, and then go to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment