Sunday, October 16, 2011

A New Obsession

After another night of only four hours of sleep, I thought this morning would be really difficult to get through. But I was surprisingly wrong.

Breakfast

After the 6am show, I made some little breakfast pizzas. I also brought a cup of milk with me to round off the meal.


While I was waiting for my producer to stack the 10am show, I discovered another new obsession for me: Adele Pandora radio station. I can't believe I haven't listened to this before because I LOVE me some Adele. And her Pandora station did not disappoint.

Snack

As I rocked out to Adele's rockin' voice, I munched on some Wasabi flavored almonds. Delish.


Today, the producer told me to pick whichever stories I want to write... so I did. I ended up writing about 11 stories in a little over an hour. It
was kind of a rush.

We finished writing the show and waited for 10 o'clock to approach. Literally one minute before the show is supposed to go live, our teleprompter has a total meltdown. We basically couldn't use it for the entire show, so our anchor Meg had to read all the stories from her script. It definitely wasn't ideal.

Luckily the engineer came and figured out tha
t it was our 10am rundown that didn't want to load, so we put the entire script in another time's rundown, and then re-did the show all over again at 11am. It went a lot more smoothly the second time.

Lunch

During the commercial breaks, I had my lunch of black bean soup, romaine lettuce (which I ate plain and it made me feel like a rabbit nibbling on vegetation) and two Ry Crisps. I didn't get a picture of it. Sorry.

Workout

Finally I could leave work and head to the gym to do my workout. Since I finished my six weeks of my Look Better Naked plan, I thought I would switch up the workout routines. So I decided to to a 45-minute treadmill workout (walking) and it was actually pretty fun.

Here's how I did when it was over.


After the 45 minutes I did some strength training to round out the work out. It was nice to get my muscles going again after not going to the gym for two days.

Snack

When I got home I was craving a Sweet Shake in a bad way. So I made one.


It had:
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 cup fat-free milk
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 tsp peanut butter
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbsp flax seeds
I realized after I put the flax seeds in that there were worth a lot more calories per Tbsp than I had anticipated. Good to know now, though it is nice to get that extra bit of protein and good fats. Now that I'm caught up on my blogging, I need (like really need) to take a shower so my family and I can go see the new Footloose movie in theaters. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing the movie, especially after so many people said it didn't suck at all.

"I forbid you to see that boy."

"What are you gonna do... pass another law!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment