Monday, November 14, 2011

We Found Love - Coldplay Style

After watching this week's Saturday Night Live, I have become re-obsessed with Coldplay. I mean, what is NOT to like about Chris Martin? Other than the fact he's married to Gwenyth Paltrow...that lucky bitch.

Coldplay started getting heavy rotation on my iPod during my "study" abroad time in London. They had just come out with their "Viva La Vida" album (which is, like, one of my favorite albums everssss) and it was just a very Coldplay time of my life. I don't know. I'm pretty sure my five roommates got tired of me playing it all the time.

I even went to a Coldplay concert at the Gorge the summer I got home from London. They were pretty much ridiculous...and by "ridiculous" I mean AMAZING! It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to (except for Kanye at the O2). I don't know if you've ever seen a concert at the Gorge (I've been to three), but it absolutely is the best place to see a show.

This picture was when I saw Jack Johnson at the Gorge, which was also uh-maze-ing. I need to go back.

The thing that really amazes me about Coldplay when they perform live is that Chris Martin literally spends the entire concert hopping and dancing around the stage, but never sounds out of breath when he sings. And no...he doesn't lip-sync. It's a phenomenon.

The Coldplay concert at the Gorge probably would have been the best concert of my life if I didn't take such a dud of a date with me. Hint: His name rhymes with "Pooter." Regardless, I will see them again. They do have a new CD out, which means they'll have to go on tour, right?

Anywho... Along with their performances on SNL, I found a YouTube of Coldplay that I absolutely love. It's a video of them doing a cover of Rihanna's new song "We Found Love." I have to admit, and I may just be a little biased, but the Coldplay version is way better than RiRi's.
Take a listen:



Finding this video was pretty much the highlight of my work day. Things were pretty slow at the N-Dub after yesterday's raucus Occupy Portland extravaganza. I got to booth the news breaks again, which is always a hoot and a holler. In one news break, instead of saying "GI Jobs Magazine," our anchor almost said "GI Joe Magazine." There was laughter in the control room.

I guess another amusing sight at work was watching my director teeter on the new stillettos she bought the other day. Why is it so funny to watch women that struggle to walk in heels?

Breakfast

French toast with berries and moo-juice. I thought that if I made French toast, I could at least pack my lunch while it was cooking. Holla for multi-tasking.

It was delicious btdubs.

Snack

Some pineapps and almonds. Standard.


One of my co-workers brought in EggNog Drop cookies today. They tasted just like EggNog. Why does work always try to expand my waistline with these delicious treats?


Lunch

Leftovers of mom's Winter Veg soup with a side of bagel thin with PB...you know, for that extra oomph. And YES there were choco-covered sunflower seed involved.

I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have the bagel and PB, my lunch would have been negative calories. Thank goodness for healthy veggies.

I'm super excited for Body Pump today after missing class on Friday. I need some serious strength training in my life. Yay sweat!

-------

I also found a restaurant for my tomorrow's installmant of my Seattle Restaurant Challenge. It's in Downtown and since the weather is supposed to be decent, I'm going to run the almost two miles to get my foods. Stay tuned to see what I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment