Sunday, November 27, 2011

Apple Cup Awesomeness

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.

The same could be said about every Washington State Cougar football fan I have ever encountered...members of my own extended family included.

Every year, they come in with the same crappy team and the same crappy coaching, yet their fans still believe that the team will go undefeated...or at least become bowl eligible. I don' understand how they can they cheer so relentlessly for a team that is just so awful. It's like, "Hello? Don't you know your team sucks?"

This point brings me to one of my favorite/most nerve-racking times of year: The Apple Cup. I may not have gone to the University of Washington, but my parents did and so I think of them as my team. And every year, on the last week of the college football season, the Huskies and the Cougs face off for state-wide bragging rights.

I'm usually cautiously optimistic this time of year. I'm pretty certain that the Huskies can beat Wazzu - but I also know that the Huskies have the potential to really stink the place up.

This year I've been more cautious than before, since about 85% of the people I work with went to Washington State. I didn't want to be super arrogant in the (more than) likely chance that Wazzu could pull off the win. I didn't want them to rub it in my face.

I was really excited about sitting on the couch and watching the game this year. I even microwaved a pizza to eat. But when it was time to turn on the game, we found out that our DirecTv package doesn't include Versus, the channel the game was being showed on. What the eff!!!

I was forced to keep track of the game on twitter, ESPN, and various live chats while I watching some Private Practice on Netflix (in case you haven't noticed Private Practice is the latest show to hit my docket).

In the end, it was probably for the best that I didn't watch the game on television. The Huskies ended up winning 38-21. Haha...wazzu! Thanks for always reminding my of just how crappy your football team can be. And good luck finding a new coach, since I'm pretty sure Paul Wulff is gonna get canned.

Now I can't wait to put on my "Bark for Sark" shirt underneath my black blazer tomorrow and very subtly rub yet another Apple Cup loss in the faces of my sad Coug co-workers.

Ha.

Awesome.

---------

Last Night's Dinner

Trader Joe's Vegetarian Pizza with a side of broc. Not too shabbs for microwaveable pizza.

Breakfast

I saw this oatmeal recipe in Women's Health Magazine that sounded absoultely delicious. It's called Strawberries and Creme, and it was very creme-y and very strawberry-y.

Just mix oatmeal (I used steel-cut) with 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp of honey and a 1/4 cup of sliced strawberries. I also threw in about a half scoop of vanilla protein powder for that extra oomph.

Snack

Fruit medley! Pineapple, mango, papaya, raspberries and blackberries. Plus almonds. Fruity fruity fruit fruit.

Lunch

Left over TJ's pizza and broccoli. Hopefully it sits well while I'm working out.

Go Dawgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment