Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Ran Two Miles...And Didn't Die!

I know that title doesn't seem that spectacular, but it's a big deal to me. More about it later.

I've started to realize that I get way tired at work during the week than I do on the weekends. This is unusual since during the week I don't have to get in until 10:30 and I only have to work 4 hours. that's compared to my weekend shifts when I get in at 4am and work 6-7 hours. You would think I would be more tired on the weekends, right? Wrong. At the end of my work 4 hours today, I was totally dragging. What gives? I'm getting in my eight hours of night-night!

I'm starting to think that I may need to start drinking coffee in the morning so I can stay awake. That's going to be a little tough for me since I'm not much of a coffee drinker (I know, for shame!) unless it's accompanied with flavored syrup, chocolate, or steamed milk.

I should also mention that I really hate Mercer Street. Can they please get the construction done, like, tomorrow, so I can not go only three blocks in ten minutes anymore? I should just start taking Aurora.


On the bright side, look how great the weather was today. Too bad it's going to rain for the next forever days.

Workout

After doing my 45-minute walking treadmill workout, I decided to be sups ambitious and try to run two miles. And I totally did! I ran the two miles all under 11 minute miles (which I know my sound really sad and slow, but it's all about baby steps people!), and after the first mile, I increased the speed every two minutes. The best part is that I totally got into a groove while I was running, instead of feeling like I was about to die. Woohoo! I'd like to thank the TV show House Hunters for keeping me entertained while I was on the treadmill.

Post-Workout Snack

I thought about making a smoothie when I got home from the gym, but I didn't feel like anything cold. So I spread some peanut butter on two Ry Crisps and topped it with sliced bananas and honey.

They totally hit the spot.

Afterward, I rocked out to my Summer Hits of the 2000s Pandora station while I cleaned my room. That station is like my iPod, but better.

Dinner

Left over homemade pizza and lots of carrots. That's pretty much all I have to say about that.


Walking around my house, my ankle started to feel a little wonky, so I decided to ice it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that my ankle hurts because of the running I've been doing the last couple days. It's just not used to it. I'm also thinking that I might not have the best running shoes for my running style.

I know, I know, I did just pay big bucks for a new pair of running shoes a couple weeks ago and I hate wasting money. But I think that if another new pair will make it easier and more enjoyable for me to run, then it will be worth it. This is why I think shoe stores should let people "test drive" their shoes to make sure they actually work for them. What do you think? Maybe it makes too much sense.

If I do have to shell out for another pair of shoes, at least I have a pair of fierce new Nikes that I can wear when I'm not running. Plus I'm getting a new paycheck on Friday. Bright side, people, bright side!

No comments:

Post a Comment