Friday, November 18, 2011

A Happy Friday

Another Friday is here.

I could get all pissy about the fact that while my co-workers are ecstatic that they are just hours away from their weekend, I'm just starting my work week. But I won't, and here's why:

I get paid today! Granted it's a small paycheck than I've gotten in the past, mainly because my 401k deduction plan has kicked in. Holla for retirement money!

I'm also pretty stoked this Friday because there is just one work week that stands between me and my three-day Thanksgiving weekend (I have Tuesday through Friday off)! Woohoo for turkey!

I also just realized that me having a three-day weekend also means that I have a four-day work week after that. Double Rainbow win!

I did get some exciting news at work today. Apparently there may be some changes coming to my work schedule in the coming month, and by "changes" I mean more hours and perhaps a different schedule. And more hours = more vacation time! I don't want to get my hopes up, but this is all welcoming news. Exciting, exciting!

I'm reallyyyyyy excited to get to the gym and run today. I don't have Body Pump class until 4:30, so that gives me plenty of time to get some quality treadmill time in. After two straight days of Hot Yoga, my legs feel loose and ready to run...and then get their ass kicked by Body Pump. Kick ass!

I'm glad I have such a positive outlook for today. It keeps me from developing a bad case of the Fridays...and from getting my routine Friday headache.

------

Last Night's Dinner

I had me some left over Pad Thai on a bed of Butter Lettuce (which is climbing my list of "Favorite Lettuce") with a side of roasted Brussels Sprouts (Barefoot Contessa recipe). I'm not gonna lie, but I make a mean roasted Brussels Sprouts.


Around 9pm, I wanted something sweet and I wanted it right then and there. So I toasted a Bagel Thin, spread on some peanut butter, and sprinkled on butterscotch chips and choco-covered sunflower seeds. Sweet and delicious.


I may or may not have had a couple gingerbread mini-muffins.

Breakfast

Waffle with almond butter, banana and honey. This breakfast may seem simple, but it keeps me full for hours.


Snack

More Roasted Brussels Sprouts!!! I added some substance with mini-pitas and hummus. You know, Middle East meets Belgium.


Lunch

I whipped up a little turkey-raspberry-pineapple-butter lettuce salad. It looks so cute! To provide me a little oomph to take into my workout, I toasted some bread and laid it on with the almond butter. Protein feed me!


Off to go sweat! Fingers cross that it doesn't snow tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment