Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Such A Great Day

Since I am about to leave for the movies and won't be back until late, let me list the things that made today great:
  • I had a great night's sleep
  • I watched the last 5 minutes of Dexter (this season is really good, like Trinity Killer good)
  • I ate a delicious breakfast
  • My commute to work was pretty much a breeze, so I got to work wicked early
  • I got to booth our 15/45 news break segments again and I totally rocked them. My producer even said that she probably doesn't need to supervise anymore (woot!).
  • My producer even let me find stories to put in the news breaks (double woot!)
  • My snack of an apple and a mondo slab of peanut butter totally hit the spot.
  • I really enjoyed the stories that I wrote for the 2pm show, except for the Fetus Dolls story. That was creepy.
  • I had a Whole Foods Salad Bar salad for lunch and it was bomb dot com.
  • The weather was so beautiful when I left work.
  • I'm on my weekend!!!
  • I had a beautiful drive to Queen Anne on the way to Homegrown to pick up dinner.
  • I took the express lanes on I-5. Why I haven't been doing that all along I do not know.
  • My workout at the gym felt phenomenal. 45-minute treadmill workout and then jogged 1.25 miles.
  • My sandwich and salad from Homegrown were amaze-balls! Totally going back there again.
  • Saw Ides of March with my mom. It was great. Ryan Gosling...hot. George Clooney...hot, but kind of an asshole.
And that was pretty much my great day. Let's hope this greatness continues the rest of the week.

Now for my food, just more in depth.

Breakfast

I tried my hand again at Cookie Dough cereal. Still didn't taste exactly like cookie dough, but still tasty.


Snack

Apple and PB. Pretty standard. Pretty delicious.


Lunch

Last night when I was at Whole Foods getting dinner, I took the liberty to make myself a salad to eat of lunch. Spinach, hard-boiled eggs, edamame, pumpkin seeds, peas, peppers, and last but not least, tofu. Put some balsamic vinegar on that and you got one scrumptious salad.


Dinner

Remember my Seattle Restaurant Challenge declaration? Well, the first Seattle restaurant I visited was Homegrown over in Queen Anne.

I read about this in one of the healthy blogs I read. It's kind of funny because the woman who writes the blog is from Boston, and she ate here while visiting her father-in-law who lives in Seattle. She raved about how awesome the sandwiches and salads were and how everything was sustainable. I'm not really sure about that sustainability thing or whatever, but I'm down for good sandwiches and salads.

After surveying the menu, I decided on the Seasonal Squash and Snap Pea Pesto sandwich with the Cranberry and Blue Cheese salad. I didn't eat it until after I came home from the gym. I couldn't wait to rip into it because the pea pesto smelled so good.

On my way down Queen Anne Ave, I found this little treasure. Menchies!!! Must visit soon.

After the gym I dug into my sandwich and salad. The salad had the mixed greens, cranberries, walnuts, and blue cheese. Pretty yummy. The sandwich on the other hand...was phenomenal!

It had slices of butternut squash, green beans, sweet corn, and the pea pesto. The pea pesto was orgasmic. I'm definitely getting me some of that again.

Homegrown has a great website (eathomegrown.com) that explains their missions and has all their menus and locations. Be warned: Do NOT go to regular homegrown.com unless you want to see lots of boobies. I made that mistake...and there are some things that can't be unseen.

A little more on the Ides of March. First of all, GREAT movie. GREAT cast. I've never really been much of a Ryan Gosling person, but now I'm pretty much in love with him. That kid is hot. Although, throughout the entire movie, I kept thinking that Ryan Gosling looked like someone that I knew. I was racking my brain and then I realized that the hottest guy ever (at least for right now) looks really similar to my good friend Timon...only better-looking (sorry Timon). It's in the eyes.


George Clooney's character (the guy running for president slash Ryan Gosling's boss) had a really great political platform. So great that I wished he was running for President. Unfortunately he turned out to be a huge dick. But I guess that's the whole point. No matter how great the presidential candidate seems, they always turn out to be a dick.

Regardless...Ryan Gosling = hawt and George Clooney = silver fox. No complaints here.

No comments:

Post a Comment