Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Seattle Restaurant Challenge

Ever since I started working in Downtown Seattle (though I guess you could technically call it South Lake Union), I have been itching to go and explore the city. And by "explore the city", I mean eat at all the cool restaurants and eateries. Now that I know I'm not going anywhere for the foreseeable future, I've decided that now would be a good time to start eating around Seattle. Thus, my Seattle Restaurant Challenge.

The rules:
  • Eat at or take-out from one new restaurant each week.
  • Go exploring on Tuesdays, that way I won't miss any good exercise classes at my gym (lame, I know)
  • For any restaurant south of Mercer and west of I-5, I will run/walk to it so I can at least get some exercise
  • If I run/walk to a restaurant, I'll either take the bus back to my car (because it's free), or walk back (if it's not too cold/rainy/far away)
  • For any restaurant north of Mercer and east of I-5, I will drive. Period. Those parts of the city are too hilly for me.
Those are all the rules I can think of at the moment. I'm actually really excited about this challenge. Hopefully I can keep it up, even when the weather starts getting crappy. Of course, I'll be sure to document all the places that I eat at.

No comments:

Post a Comment