Saturday, November 26, 2011

Runner's World Holiday Running Streak

I'm going to be trying really hard this holiday season to stay healthy and stay in shape. This might be difficult since winter time can be a really un-motivating time of year. The weather is cold and shitty, there's a ton of food, and lots of quality time with the family. It can really put "working out" super low on the priority list.

But I think I have found something that will help me stay motivated through the next few weeks. Holla!

Runner's World Magazine is doing their Holiday Running Streak, where from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day, you run at least one mile (hopefully more) every day. I feel like this is something I can totally do. I mean, it takes at least 10 minutes to run a mile. I'm sure I can find that in my (not-so) busy schedule.

I think that writing this out will at least help me stay accountable. It's all out on the Internetz and every thing, so I better do it.

Yesterday I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. Today I ran a little over 2 miles on the treadmill at 5:40am (yeah, I know) in the little gym that we have downstairs in our building.


I guess the word for it would be "quaint", but it did the trick. I watched a little Private Practice on my iPhone, which made the whole thing go by quickly.

Two days down, only I don't know more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment