Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Marathon Runners!

I knew a few people running the New York City marathon today...and by "know" I mean I follow them on twitter/read their blogs.

To me, running a marathon seems like the craziest shit ever. 26.2 miles. That's a really long distance. Even in a car. 26.2 miles is about the distance from my house in Woodinville, Washington to Downtown Seattle. I drive this route everyday I can tell you that it is long and tedious. And that's just in a car. Imagine if I had to run that. Oh wait, I can't imagine that.

However, the people running today don't think a running marathon is crazy shit. They think it's awesome. And I applaud them for that. They are an inspiration. They make me think that I could probably run a marathon someday. I mean, if they can do it, why can't I, right? I just can't do it right now obviously. I can run a mile without dying. Awesome...just 25.2 more to go. But I think once I run more and get stronger, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to do a marathon. Let's just put that down as something I should do before I die, or can't run anymore.

Anywho...I'm happy that they completed their marathon and I'm proud of them. Even though I don't know them from Adam. That makes me a stalker and I'm okay with that.

My parents and I watched the first MLS conference final - Houston vs. Sporting Kansas City (which is a gay-ass name, no offense to the gays). The game was pretty meh. I'm kind of glad that Houston won because I think Omar Bravo is an ass and that Kei Kamara is annoying. Also, I'm pretty sure Houston has a better shot of beating LA, if they happen to win their game later tonight (hopefully they don't).

Dinner

My mom made a bomb dot com beef stew tonight. It's been filling the house with the most wondrous smells. And it's all going in my belly...now!


Also thank you Panera Bread for being so yummy in my tummy! I'm proud that I managed to restrain myself from getting seconds. I made a stew like this when I lived by myself in LA. It was the first meal I made where I actually felt like I could cook. Which is weird because stews don't really involve a lot of cooking, really. Just a lot of sitting in a pot, simmering and shit.

But I couldn't restrain myself from eating this.


So, we watched the LA-Real Salt Lake game while we ate dinner. Kinda wish that RSL put up more of a fight. I mean, someone has to beat LA sometime right? I guess now it has to be Houston on the 20th...at the MLS Cup Final...at the Home Depot Center...where LA hasn't lost all year. Awesome.

Good Wife me.

No comments:

Post a Comment