Thursday, November 10, 2011

Carb-tastic!

I've eaten a lot of carbs today...and I'm okay with that. They were tasty carbs, and I'm glad they're in my belly.

Here's one carb I ate today. It's the Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese I got from Women's Health Mag's Meatless Monday blog.

Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese (I doubled this recipe)
Prepare the orcchiette. Since that part is boring and easy to do, I didn't take a picture.

Simmer the milk and butter nut squash...


...until it is combined.


Remove from heat and add the cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and mustard...


...until combined.

Pour the cheesy-squashy mixture onto the prepared orcchiette that is in a large-ish baking dish. Combine.


Top with the Parmesan and bread crumbs.


Stick in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.


Let cool and then eat.


I have to say that the mac and cheese I made was to die for and, dare I say, better than that Kraft shit in the blue box. Plus it's, like, way healthier. It doesn't even taste squashy or anything, if you're not into that kind of thing.

Most carbs. One of the pumpkin-banana muffins I made earlier. The bananas were totally the right way to go. I'm sure I would have been able to make more muffins if I hadn't eaten so much of the batter. How can you NOT lick the spoon?!?!

Don't they just look nommy?

---------

Side note: I found a $50 check and a $50 Apple Store gift card in my room. Just that much closer to getting an iPhone 4S with Siri (aka my future best friend).

No comments:

Post a Comment