Sunday, November 13, 2011

Occupy This!

We were all about the Occupy Portland protests this morning.

In case you don't pay attention to Portland news (and why would you want to?), the city's mayor gave the Occupy demonstrators holed up in Downtown Portland until midnight this morning to evacuated the parks they were essentially occupying. Midnight came and went, but the protestors wouldn't move.

We've were simulcasting our Portland affiliate's newcast for a couple hours. There was lots of footage of the smelly, hairy, hippy protestors standing toe-to-toe with the geared-up police. Just a bunch of stuff I wouldn't give two shits about.

Then around 6:15, the police just kind of gave up and retreated. Like no big deal. Didn't matter that they had a job of getting people out of the parks. Such a great way to show off their lack of authority in the situation. Such a Portland thing to do.

I feel like if this were happening in Seattle, the police would probably go in batons twirling, stomping on people's heads. Because that's how SPD rolls.

My stomach felt kind of wonky this morning, and the Annie Chungs toxic noodle dish our editor is devouring right now is not helping matters in the least. I mean serioulsy, two morning Ramen noodle catastrophes in a row? Why people, why? What's wrong with bringing in a microwaveable breakfast dish. I'm pretty sure Hungry Man makes some of those. There's more than a pound of food! And none of it smells like feet!

Last Night's Dinner

Last night I was supposed to go to my high school's state football game, but when I woke up from my 4-hour nap at around 5pm, I wasn't having it. Hell no was I going to be in the cold rain while I kind of watch a football game. It would have been more convenient if they'd just televised it. (Woodinville won big time btdubs...quarterfinals baby!)

So instead of freezing my balls off, I joined the fam bam at our favorite Mexican place. I ordered the chicken fajitas, with the intention of saving a lot for leftovers.

And save for leftover I did. Can't wait to eat Mexican food for the next week.

Breakfast

My breakfast this morning was rather nutritious and didn't smell like feet at all. It was pineapple chunks with Greek yogurt and slivered almonds.

I forgot to get a picture of it because it was devoured by the time I got my iPhone out. It pretty much looked just like you would imagine.

My stomach still felt weird. Probably because my Greek yogurt is on the brink of expiration. I was busy trying to decide whether to go to the gym or not.

One other exciting thing that happened this morning was that I almost died while drinking water. I had a mouth-full of water when all of a sudden some of it went down the wrong pipe. My body kept telling me, "Spit it out!" But my brain was like, "No...you'll spit all over your computer and people will think you're a freak."

So what did I do? I pretty much spit up water into my hand and all over the front of my shirt AND still managed to look like an idiot in front of my co-workers. Awesome! At least I didn't die over a mouthful of water. That would have been really embarrassing.

Snack

I had a piece of toast with some PB and sprinkled some chocolate-covered sunflower seeds (from Trader Joe's duhhhhh) on top.

Don't the sunflower seeds look like tiny Easter eggs? Yes, yes they do!

I was hoping the bread (carbs) would settle my stomach. It kind of did...for a while.

Lunch

Left over chicken fajitas over some spinach. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Mexican rice on a salad is the only way to go!

I'm going to the gym after work. Hopefully my stomach feels okay so I can do a 45-minute treadmill workout and possibly some running. I haven't been to the gym in two days. I need to sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment