Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Lazy Sunday (I mean Thursday)

Well... I wasn't completely lazy. I did go to gym. More on that later.

Breakfast

I wanted to try making cookie dough cereal again. This time I used Better 'N Peanut Butter instead of the almond butter. I also tried to mix the nut butter more thoroughly than yesterday.


It still didn't taste like cookie dough, but it's zestier than eating straight oats, I guess. I'll keep trying until I get it right.

Workout

Yesterday while I was at the running store, I went to sit down on a chair really fast, but instead of sitting on the chair part, I landed on the extremely hard-edged arm of the chair. Ouch-balls! I woke up this morning with a fatty bruise on my upper hamstring/under butt region. I'd show you a picture but the location of the bruise is rather scandalous. Regardless, the bruise makes it really uncomfortable to sit. This made me nervous going into my spinning class this morning.

The seats on our stationary bikes already make my ass hurt, but I didn't know how it feel on my bruised behind. Thankfully, it didn't hurt, which was nice because it was an intense spin session. So many 12 minute hills, I thought we were biking up Rainier or something. But at least my ass didn't hurt.

After spinning intensely for an hour, I thought it would be a great idea to jog a bit on the treadmill because...why not. Well, that isn't exactly true. I wanted to try out my new running shoes to make sure they weren't complete duds. Fortunately they weren't. The jogging seemed to come easy and my stride seemed more neutral than before.

However I still had the same trapped-air-in-my-stomach problem that I had on my run yesterday. I alternated between jogging and walking for two minutes at a time until I finally burped it out...20 minutes later. That was annoying. It was much more comfortable to run after than. I jogged/walked for another 10 minutes after than for good measure. Definitely a win over yesterday's outdoor running fail.

Post-Workout Snack

I tried some coconut water (which I hear is really good to drink when your body is recovering from a workout, it has carbs or something) that had some mango and peach flavors in it.


Since I love mango, peach and coconut so much, I poured myself a glass. The popcorn was invited to come along.


After blogging about yesterday's festivities and watching some What Not to Wear (that show helps me realize that I could always dress worse...so much worse), I showered. Since I was just staying in my nice cozy home, I didn't even blow-dry my hair. I was lazy. Plus it's good to give my hair a break from all the heat and torture it has to put up with every other day.

Lunch

I heated up some left over Shish Taouk and rice from yesterday's lunch and put it on a bed of (really old) spinach. I need to get some new spinach before I get dysentery or something. I also added some ultra-ripe mango that my dad and I got at the Pike Place Market a week ago.

I love reconstituting leftovers. So much easier than making something new from scratch (not that that isn't fun or anything).

Now I'm finishing up a Champions League game from two days ago and then I'm hitting the grocery store because I'm out of milk, body wash and suitable spinach. Then it's back home for more soccer!!! Such a lazy day. Loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment