Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tacoma Dome or Bust

Yesterday afternoon I finally got to see my old high school play a state playoff football game this year. It was the state quarterfinals, and the mighty Woodinville Falcons were playing Union High out of Vancouver.

Woodinville was favored, obviously, since they're ranked like number one in the state. Apparently as their state playoffs team bonding, the entire team dyed their hair blonde. The color worked out better for some.

For a high school game, it was pretty exciting. Woodinville pretty much dominated, although they only won the game 21-9.

It was kind of funny because every time they would carry the ball, I would be so afraid that they would fumble it. I think I'm just so used to watching my football teams fumble the ball (ahem Huskies, ahem Seahawks) that I was certain these little high school kids would drop the ball every time they had it. But sure enough they did not. They must have had sticky stuff on their gloves.

Now Woodinville plays the evil Skyline next weekend at the Tacoma Dome, which is pretty exciting. I watched our football team play at the state semis and finals at the T-Dome back during my junior aka the last time our football team was good. It's a great atomsphere and makes all the little high school pukes feel all important. Hopefully the Falcons can go all the way.

Last Night's Dinner

For dinner we had this chicken lettuce wrap recipe from Women's Health. It was a team effort to make dinner. My mom started and when she started to not feel well, my dad and I finished up.

The recipe called for like 3 cups of diced ginger root, which I found really odd. I can tell you that the lettuce wrap was quite gingery.

We spent the rest of the night watching the Oregon Ducks lose to USC, which was effing awesome. I hate the Ducks with a fiery passion. I took great pleasure in their demise. No national championship for you, assholes! Couldn't have happened to a nice fan base.

My 3:30am alarm seemed to come quicker than usual, which was not awesome. But I managed. When I got to work I wrote my stories for the 6am show. Then my producer asked if I wanted to booth the show...well, the last three blocks. I think I replied with, "um...YES PLEASE!"

The show went pretty smoothly. We were a little heavy coming out of weather, so I dropped on of the stories in the C block. I felt the powerrrrrrr!

Breakfast

Since I finished up a jar of peanut butter, I thought this would be a great time to make some Oats in a Jar, of Carrots 'N Cake fame. Click this link to see how to make OIAJ. It's fairly simple.

I mixed in sliced banana, some vanilla protein powder and a few butterscotch chips. Delicious, delicious, delicious. It kept me nice and full for a few hours.

Snack

Apple. A Jonagold if you want to get techincal with it.

Lunch

Leftover chicken rice mixture from last night's lettuce wraps over a bed of butter lettuce. I needed some brown rice to help fuel me for my sweat session at the gym.

So glad this weekend is over. Only two more work days until my Thanksgiving three-day weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment