Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday Flrusday

That was the best blog post title I could think of. Sorry.

After my difficult yoga session yesterday, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. I felt so revved up that I wanted to make blueberry and banana pancakes.



As you can see, one turned out fine and the other was a little burnt. Par of the course at this point. I also had a banana with some peanut butter and a glass of milk. The more syrup the better.

After watching some What Not to Wear and Grey's Anatomy (oh yeah, I'm watching old Grey's episodes now), I went to the gym to get my run in. I waited a nice long while after drinking my milk before running. I learned from yesterday's funky-tummy fiasco.

My legs felt way looser this morning so I planned to at least run two miles. Once I hit mile two, I decided to stretch the run into a 5k. I ran pretty slow for the first 2.75 miles, but then really cranked up the speed so I could get to 3.1 miles before 32:30. And I made it with a couple seconds to spare.

It feels so lovely to run for a longer period of time without dying.

I got home and showered and did all that good stuff. I wasn't really sure what to have for lunch. But I threw together some mini pitas with tuna and a fruit salad. It kept me full for a long time, perhaps too long, since I was still a little bloated going into my yoga class.

After picking up my cousin and yoga buddy Maddie at school, we came back to my house and I made some mini pumpkin loaves while Maddie did her homework. They're so cute and mini.

Then we went to hot yoga. It was Maddie's last make-up yoga session, so she was a little bummed. Our instructor was the pregnant one that was pretty much a dead ringer for Deb Morgan on Dexter (aside from the whole pregnant thing).

I felt really hot during this session. Almost like I could feel the heat leaving body. It was the oddest sensation.

Another odd sensation was the guy in the front of the class that was essentially wearing nothing by boxer briefs. Boxer briefs that were so form fitting that I could pretty much make out all of his junk. There was nothing that impressed me, if you know what I mean.

After class and dropping Maddie at her house, I came home exhausted and uninspired for dinner. I heated up some veggie sausage patties, broccoli, and sandwich thins with peanut butter. I sprinkled the broccoli with a shit ton of garlic salt since my body was basically screaming for sodium.
The veggie sausage patties were...interesting. It was like they were the same consistency as the hash browns they sell at McDonald's, but they tasted like Jimmy Dean sausages. It was like my brain was expecting hash browns, but my taste buds were like, "No, it's sausage!" So strange.

My right shin is starting to get a little sore, so Imma be icing the ish out of it right now. My running streak is at two weeks and I can't stop now.

---------

I forgot to mention this on Monday, but when my mom and I were at Redmond Town Center, we parked right in front of this specialty running store named The Foot Zone.


I didn't really have any idea that there was a specialty running store so much closer to my house. I thought that I was going to have to go to Super Jock n' Jill in Green Lake if I ever needed running supplies. Woohoo for the Foot Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment