Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Make-Up Make-Over

Man, I have been slacking on the blogging. Apologies, apologies...but I've been kind of busy (but also lazy). I'll try to do better.

Last night my mom and I went on a semi-impromptu trip to Macy's in Redmond. She needed to get a winter jacket for the teenage girl she adopted as part of her office's Christmas Giving Tree gift, and I thought this would be a great time to get some new make-up.

I'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to make-up. I put on my foundation and eye liner and I'm out the door. I don't play around with colors or know how to apply a smoky eye.

It's all very womp-womp.

On my favorite TV show, What Not to Wear, there's a part where the fashion sad-sack gets to meet with a highly-trained make-up professional who teaches them about how to apply the right make-up to go with their new wardrobe and new hair.

While I watch this part, I always think, "Man, I wish I had someone that would show me how to put on legit make-up so I don't always look like a 12-year-old." Well, yesterday was a chance to make my dreams come true.

As my mom searched for the coat for her teenager, I was getting schooled by Mac make-up artist Carla on how to create a smoky eye for the work place. I essentially wanted to learn how to do a smoky eye that wasn't for the club. I don't need to come into work looking like a raccoon.


Like a master teaching her grasshoppah, Carla showed me all the tricks. By the time we were done, I didn't look like a 12-year-old any more (sorry about my icky post-gym hair though). Carla is a miracle worker.


Now I just need to go out there and find a man!

Carla also showed me how to do the club smoky eye, you know, in case I ever feel the need to party in da club.

I think that Carla thought that I just wanted her to put make-up on me and then I was going to leave. But her face turned so surprised when I told her that we wanted to buy all shadow and brushes and mascara. Woohoo for a huge sale!

After buying pretty much all the make-up ever, I treated my mom to Subway and their $5 foot longs. I got a six-inch turkey sub with lettuce, tomato, onions and honey mustard dressing. There were chips too.


---------

This picture is actually from yesterday, but I just wanted to point out how fierce my outfit was for work. Red pants, black polka dot droopy top, white jacket. I am so fashionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment