Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm a Dumbass

So when I started running my 3-minute warm-up jog at the gym, it felt like I had old man legs. Stiff, creaky, and hurting. I figured it was going to be one of those run where I did the mandatory mile and then call it quits.

I stretched out my legs for a looooooong time, and it was good. Instead of just doing the treadmill quick start, I decided to be ambitious and selected the 5k workout. I figured if I was really hurting after the first mile, then I'd stop. If I could make it past the first mile, then I'd try to go for the whole 5k.

Thankfully my warm-up jog and massive amounts of stretching helped, and running became a lot easier. I ran the first mile just fine and pushed through. I increased my speed after every kilometer and managed to run the 5k almost a minute and a half faster than the last time I ran one. Win!

After the run I did a quick kettle bell workout and went home, hoping that I'd find some kind of spare key for my car. Of course, I checked out the key rings again and found my car's spare key. Fail.

But at least I found it and didn't have to call AAA to my house to unlock my car. That would have been slightly embarrassing.

I took a shower and made myself all beautiful because I had to take my Christmas card picture out in the front yard. These were the second round of pictures because the first ones we took made me look fat and 12-years-old.

These pictures went better, don't you think?


Dinner

I had some left over Pad Thai and a shit ton of broccoli. I didn't get a picture of it because I scarfed it down so fast.

While I ate I watched even more Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. I've already made it through season 6, the one that ended with the big shooting at the hospital and where Dr. McDreamy almost dies.

Watching Derek Shepherd lying on the floor bleeding reminded me of the time that I saw Patrick Dempsey at the Malibu Farmer's Market last year. No big deal or anything. We were at the same cupcake stand.

Well, to be more specific, I saw him walk by me. Then, like a creeper, I turned around and followed him to the cupcake stand and awkwardly stood next to him. He was nice, and had great hair.

He pretty much looked like this:

After he left, the girl at the cupcake stand and I had a minor freak out. Then I had to buy some cupcakes from them because I felt bad for loitering.

Such a great day.

Patrick Dempsey was the biggest celebrity sighting in my three years living in Malibu. He surpassed LeAnn Rimes, whom I saw at Starbucks and Albertson's.

I'm a big deal.

---------

While my parents and I were watching Saturday Night Live on the DVR, we were fast forwarding through the commercials when suddenly Coldplay's Chris Martin's beautiful blue eyes caught my attention.

I paused the commercial to see what this Coldplay thing was about. Turned out that it was an ad for an upcoming Coldplay concert at Key Arena. Holy shit awesome!


The presale starts tomorrow at 10am for American Express cardholders. Luckily for my parents and I, my dad is an American Express cardholder. Hallelujah! Dad comes through in the clutch.

So keep you fingers crossed that my dad and I can buy our Coldplay tickets for the three of us tomorrow. I have a feeling the concert is going to be epic.

Now for Good Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment