Saturday, December 10, 2011

Last Early Morning Weekend

This morning was the last time I'll have to get up at 2:30 in the morning for, hopefully, ever. It's the beginning of my last early weekend morning shift and, I gotta be honest, I'm really stoked about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss the people I work with and the whole laid-back-ness of the shift, but I'm a night owl by nature. I'm not down with going to bed at 8:30pm on a Friday. That's just sad.

But no more old lady bedtimes for me...expect for tonight when I go to bed at 9:30. Halle-fricking-lujah!

After our 5am show that nearly didn't end on time (it's usually not a good thing when you end on the sports package), I went down to the SLG for some running. I think my legs are starting to feel this running streak (15 days and counting!). Before this streak, I don't think I've run 15 days period, let alone 15 days in a row.

I'm stiff and sore, and running a mile today was kind of tough, but I did it. Then after briskly walking for four minutes, I ran another, faster mile. Which is always nice. But I'm still afraid I might be getting shin splints. My shins get a little sore after I run, but I'm not sure if someone that runs as little as I do can even get shin splints.

Meh. Poor little me.

Breakfast

After exercising, I ate some oatmeal I made yesterday with protein powder, banana, and a tablespoon of cookie butter. Nom nom cookies!


It may look like crap, but it kept me fullz for a while.

Snack

An apple plus half of one of my mini pumpkin loaves and one of my lime cookies. There's an apple in there so it's totally healthy. Totally.


After writing for the 10am show, I watched some more Grey's. I'm in the end of season five when Katherine Heigl's character (the one that I hate) is dying of cancer. She annoys the crap out of me, even when she's dying. I can't wait for her to get all crazy and run away (spoiler alert!).

Now to go home and get ready for the biggest soccer game of the year -- El Clasico!!! FC Barcelona (my favorite soccer team in the history of ever) against their bitter rivals (and grade-A douchebags) Real Madrid.

I'm a little nervous going into this game since Barca isn't playing their normal Barca-style, and Real is three points ahead of them in La Liga. However, this is the same thing that happened last year. Barca was playing so-so, until they played Madrid and whooped their ass 5-0. After that, Barca pretty much ran away with the league and Champions League.

Here's hoping for a repeat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment