Monday, December 12, 2011

My First Full-time Shift!

Today was my first 8-hour shift in my new full-time schedule... and it was a little more exhausting than I was used to.

Obviously because I was working 4 hours longer, but also because some Occupy protests in Seattle were going to hell in a hand basket.

I got in a little before noon and got to writing my stories for the 2pm show. After that, I was busy trying to put together 15/45 segments.

Here's what I had for lunch:

A salad with turkey breast, pomegranate seeds, raspberries and blueberries.


I should have added a piece of fruit to that because the salad didn't fill me up at all.

Normally during the afternoon they run the segments every half an hour, but today they made it so I only had to do one every hour -- just to get my feet wet.

Doing the segment every hour was fine, but considering a ton of shit was going down at the Port of Seattle with all the occupy protesters, I probably could have handled segments every half hour.

After I did my last segment at 5:45pm, it was time to write for the 7pm show.

While I wrote I had some left over chili and a slice of high-fiber bread and tons of peanut butter.


This kept me fuller for a little while longer.

The 7pm show is a bit different from the 2pm and weekend shows that I've worked on. The music is different -- in a bad way -- and the show is arranged differently. There's more weather hits and chats at the desk.

I'm not sure how much I like it, but it will probably grow on me.

Now it's time to go home and cuddle up on the couch. Hooray for a full day!

No comments:

Post a Comment