Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Ran a 5K

Well...it was on a treadmill, but whatever. Last time I checked, running 3.1 miles wherever you are still equals five kilometers.

My legs were a little sore today, so I was only planning on running my require one mile and then be done with it. But once I started going, I just wanted to keep going. The best part was that I didn't even get a painful side stitch, so that was awesome.

I ended up running the 3.1 miles in 32:30, which isn't super fast, but running fast wasn't today's purpose. I'm just starting out slower so I can get used to running for longer periods of time. But I'm pretty sure that 5K is the longest distance I've ever run continuously, which is pretty sad.

Either way, I'm proud with how I've progressed with my running. It was only about a month ago that I truly detested it. Now I look forward to doing it everyday (well...most days).

After running I did the kettle bell workout that I found in Women's Health Magazine.

I only did the circuit twice, but there were times were I could see it was a good workout. Some of the moves were getting me out of breath. I'm definitely going to be doing that again.

On the way home I got a text from my mom telling me that it was safe for me to come home because they were done painting my parents' bedroom. They thought I was avoiding coming home so I could keep from helping paint, which to be honest, I kind of was.

When I got my mom's text, I did kind of feel bad that I wasn't able to help, but I was also relieved that I didn't have to paint.

I got home and say my dad cleaning some of the brushes and I told him I was sorry I missed the painting. Then he told me that, oh hey, they hadn't actually finished painting and the text was just a rouse to get me back to the house.

I was flabbergasted because 1) it turned out I still had to paint and, 2) that my parents would craft such a lie. Then after thinking a while, I wasn't really surprised that my parents would send me a lie text to get me back to the house I so could paint.

However, I continued to make my dad feel bad by saying that he had broken our father-daughter trust. I'm trying to milk it as much as possible.

I helped my parents paint their bedroom, and it went by pretty quickly with the three of us working. Finally I could take a shower (that was longer than 90 seconds) and sit down and watch some football.

Now my dad is making dinner since two of my dad's sisters are coming over for dinner. I can smell the garlic rice he's making. So garlicy...nommmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment