Thursday, May 13, 2010

What the frick, Nike???

Also, this just popped into my head. Why haven't I been seeing any cool Nike commercials for the World Cup? The tournament starts in less that a month (wohoo!!!) and yet I don't see any commercials. And it's not for lack of trying because I watch TV constantly. But the only World Cup commercials I have seen are the ones that feature the political prisoners and the one with Bono. I know that the host is South Africa and that they overcame all this strife and hardship to finally pull it together to host the world's biggest sports tournament, but I want to be excited about the World Cup coming...not feel bad for South Africa. Though some people should feel bad for them...they've been through a lot. And don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic about the World Cup, I just wish that there was some more pep behind the commercials.

Here's the Nike commercial that was shown before the 1998 World Cup in France. Still one of my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Patience is a virtue. Nike did it right and here it is.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete