Monday, May 10, 2010

Good Evening...I'm Ally Barrera

Hi World...it's Ally, and this is my first blog post EVER. I never thought I would have one of these things, but my friend Shannon has one and I have also been following this funny one, so I thought I would give it a try. I was always one of those kids that wanted to keep a diary, and then I would buy the journal and never use it again. Hopefully this virtual diary will be different.

Right now I'm spending some time in my hometown of Woodinville, Washington. Normally I spend the whole summer back home, but this year I'm only gracing my presence in Woo-ville for a measly week. Why, you ask since Woodinville is just the most lovely town to spend your summer vacation in. Well, I have to go back to LA
(where I live the other days out of the year because I go to that good school called Pepperdine University) to take part in my kick-ass internship at Fox News. Don't judge me.


Anyway...a special event happened to me today. Ever since I was a senior in high school I have wanted to eat at the Northlake Tavern, a beer and pizza place on the outskirts of the University of Washington. I just haven't been able to eat there because I haven't been 21 or older. I mean...it's a tavern, ya know. Well...since I turned 21 just a few weeks ago, I finally got my chance to eat at the Northlake. And I have to say that it didn't disappoint. When you walk in and see all the cheeky UW crap on the wall you think, "Wow...this is what the late 70s was like." After getting into our booth (which my side didn't have nearly enough padding), my mom and I ordered the combo pizza and I got myself a hard cider. Now, before you start calling me a beer whimp or a "chick" because I didn't order a beer, all I can say is "Get over it...I like cider better." Anyway, after waiting a good 25 minutes for our pizza, we dug right in. And it was miraculous. I have to say that the experience was definitely worth the long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment