Friday, January 6, 2012

Gym Pet Peeves

This morning I went to my first Body Pump class in weeks. Now that my 10k training is in full swing, I figured it would probably be a good thing to re-introduce strength training into my life.

I knew that I would be a little out of weight lifting shape, so I took it easier on the barbell weight today.

The class was meh. It definitely worked my arms, since they already are starting to feel sore and wobbly. But the instructor was really irritating. I can't really pinpoint the exact irritation, but I'm sure it had to do with her talkative nature and the fact that she was just too...uppity. I don't know, but she rubbed me the wrong way. Hopefully she's just a sub and doesn't actually instruct the class all the time. I'll definitely find out next week.

One thing that I figured out while I was at Body Pump was that I have quite a few gym-related pet peeves.

Number one being that I can't stand it when I see women at the gym wear their hair down while they're working out. I mean, that just seems really gross to me. Do you really not want a crease in your hair that badly that you're willing to feel your gross sticky hair on the back of your neck while you're doing bicep curls? Ugh. I don't get women sometimes.

Another thing that bugs me at the gym is when I see people wearing the ankle socks that go over their ankle. You know, the kind of socks that you can see over the tennis shoes. They're just not a good look. The sock goes right over your ankle bone and just makes your leg look shorter.

Either work a crew sock that goes up the calf, or wear the short ankle socks that go under the ankle bone. You look like you're trying to be a soccer mom.

That's all I have to say about that for now.

After the gym I went and got my eyebrows waxed, which, sadly, was much needed. I'm always a little apprehensive before getting my brows waxed, since getting hair ripped out of you by some small Asian lady hurts like a mother. But let me tell you, there's no better feeling than the one you feel after you get your eyebrows waxed. It literally feels like my face feels 10 pounds lighter.

Of course my forehead ends up turning bright red and every starts staring at me, but whatever.

1 comment: