Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The B.S.G.R.

What a difference a week makes.

One week after I conquered insurmountable odds (not really) and mustered enough confidence to ask my man-crush, Brek Shea, to take a picture with me (in case you missed the blog about this encounter), I find out that he...sigh...has a girlfriend.

I have to admit that when I had this "Brek Shea Girlfriend Revelation," or B.S.G.R. for short, last night, I was a bit bummed (my mom would say otherwise). But after having a good sulk, I gave my ego a big slap in t
he face and started to get over it.

So now I am (kind of) over it, and will go back to appreciating Brek Shea as the good young soccer player that he is. I will also have another kind of appreciation for him, because every time I look at that remarkable picture we took together, it will remind me that there was a point in my life where I wasn't too afraid or too self-conscious to ask a good-looking pseudo-celebrity to take a picture with me.

And for that, Brek Shea will always ha
ve a small place in my heart. Perhaps near one of my ventricles.

For old times sake...

1 comment:

  1. How long has Brek Shea been with his girlfriend? & who is she??

    ReplyDelete