Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's Official!

After I got home from a strenuous and laborious work out at the gym, I noticed that there was an envelope on the porch. I knew that it was my college diploma, since every Pepperdine kid and their mom were posting pictures of their diplomas on Facebook. (Quick note to those kids: there is really no reason for you to post a picture of your diploma on Facebook. It's a piece of paper that looks the same as every other diploma ever made ever except for the name on it. You just look like a fool.) I picked up the envelope and noticed the big Pepperdine lettering on it. I tore open the envelope on the perforated line and pulled out the $200,000 piece of card stock.



When I saw it I was a little underwhelmed. You would think for a diploma that commemorated the labors of my high quality education, it would include a ribbon or even a fancy border. Something. This thing just has a bunch of fancy cursive letters and a gold who-yeah. Meh...it is what it is. At least it says that I got magna cum laude honors because dammit I worked hard to get that so it better say on my diploma for all to see. Now I can put this in my fancy diploma holder thingy that President Benton gave me on graduation day and display it proudly on my bookshelf.

My time at Pepperdine has officially come to an end. However, I do find it hilarious that I managed to get a job (in my area of study BY THE WAY!) before I got my diploma in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment